Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cotton picker burns in field off Leverette Road

By: Cade Lancaster A cotton picker operator sustained a burn to his arm and suffered from smoke inhalation after the equipment caught on fire in a cotton field Monday afternoon. At approximately 3:50 p.m. on Dec. 7 first responders were called to combat a burning combine in a field near 393 Leverette Road. A mechanical failure caused the picker to catch fire. The operator received a burn on his arm and suffered from smoke inhalation. ”The picker was fully involved when we showed up on scene. Engine 1 and 2 responded, and we had a total of about 6 personnel working the scene. The patient was not transported,” said Captain William Reeder of Lamar County Fire Rescue.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Website by - Copyright 2021