Press "Enter" to skip to content

Malfunction causes evacuation of GSC student center; no injuries

The Gordon State College Student Center was evacuated at approximately 11:45 a.m. Tuesday after a part on a re-heater in the dining hall food preparation area malfunctioned causing smoke and steam to collect in the area. No one was injured and everyone was allowed back into the building around 12:20. Students who were dining at the time of the evacuation were accommodated. Contained in the two-story, 60,270 square-foot Student Center is the Highlander Dining Hall, book store, Foundation Room, campus mailroom, classrooms and offices.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Website by - Copyright 2021